Backed by 3 Generations of Experience & Quality!!
Designers Best Friend is owned and operated by Joe Cohen. Slipcovering has been a family tradition for Joe dating back to his grandfather, Henry Abrams, who owned a business known as Henry Manufacturing. They were in the business of automotive slipcovers. Joe’s father, Bob Cohen, started a custom slipcover business in 1958. Joe assisted his father for many years and acquired a true passion for his work. Joe eventually started his own slipcover company, Designers Best Friend, which strives for high quality, affordable products with personal, friendly service!
Where your furniture gets a New Lease on Life!
The Benefits of Slipcovering:
- Covers are totally removable.
- The body of the piece zips off in one of the back corners.
- All cushions are covered individually and zip on and off.
- We use 4mm 100% woven polyester tape and coil zippers.
- The thread is Tex40 cotton wrapped polyester.
- We use 5 or 6/32″ super soft synthetic braided welt cord (more resilient than cotton and washable).
- All skirts are lined with 50% polyester/50% cotton fabric.
- On furniture without skirts we use a 1″ velcro around the bottom edge to secure the slipcover.
Use the workroom that all the stores & designer’s use! We make custom made slipcovers that fit like re-upholstery.
Ordering is easy and affordable, usually costing much less than new or re-upholstery.
First call for an accurate estimate – we can bring out fabric samples or you can shop for fabric on your own.
Your slipcovers are custom made, choose a fitted or relaxed slipcover, tailored skirt, ruffled skirt or no skirt at all.
Your furniture never leaves your home! We simply take a paper pattern of your furniture and deliver the finished slipcovers in 2 to 4 weeks.
Your new covers are removable and easy to wash or dry clean .
Your slipcover will have non-shrinking super soft welt cord on every seam and cushions are covered individually with a nylon zipper in the back.
Slipcovers enable you, your family, and your pets to relax and really enjoy your furniture.
Order from us because:
- We discount all our fabrics 25% to 35% every day!
- We are friendly and knowledgeable and get it right the first time!
- We have a large selection of fabrics to choose from (cotton, linens or hemp (some organic) to micro fibers, brocades or wovens).
- This gives you the chance to recover your existing furniture, whether you have worn out fabric or simply want to change the look!
- We try to be environmentally conscious (we use all energy efficient lighting, recycle all paper, tubes and fabric).
- We also believe if you have comfortable furniture that fits your room we can recover it – thus you have recycled too!
Click on the Publications link to read some articles that have been written about us!
Backed By 3 generations of experience and Quality!
Thank You for visiting our web site!
Please read the fabric guide if you plan to purchase fabric on your own.
If you need help in selecting fabric, just call or text 612-280-1553.